I'll be going for Southern Island Kayaking expedition.
on 16,17,18 Jun
Cya! ------------------------------------------------ Nan Toe 1st nite 15 jun ------------------------ After my work, followed the bus back home. Reached hm abt 6.30pm, bath and rested until 7.15pm. Took a cab to changi v for meeting Michelle and Tee hong.
I reached the changi abt 8pm, they arrived 8.20pm. So late lor... But michelle called me.
We went to club, placed our bag. But i dont worry, cos my stuff already there since Monday.
Abt 8.45pm, we went to had our dinner in changi v chicken rice stall. Abt 0915 we back to club, zhihao was gave the briefing. And we went to our grp, our leader was Tee hong. We did the ice breaking, after ice breaking we packed our stuff into water proof bag. After packing we went to drink coffee with michelle n wendy and a few other guys.
Abt 11.30pm, we back to club. I was wannering where can slept. hhaha I slpt at the open class rm, and i was too lousy (snoring). The guys woke up me, i walked slowlly to trainer rm.. than slp there. On the next morn, everyone say me too lousy. Heard that Elaine Cant slp and went outside cry! Ops ------------------------------------------------------------
16 jun 1st day --------------
Woke up at 0630. Meng teck he woke me up, he say to me haha beward ar everyone want to invite me for tea. I was like huh??
I changed and get ready, saw my partner michelle coz of i nver wear specs. Nver say good morn to her.
We were carry the kayak and all equipment to lorry, and we board the bus to East coast. We were start frm east coast. After we set off on our way towards gay beach, I was study my partner stroke found that she has a very strong foudation in her forward stroke. So i decided to share with her hanging draw.
We reached gay beach, I discovered in front storm approching us. I told my partner just get ready to go into storm, she answered me oh ok... np. Zhihao ask me to stopped and the whole grp approched to gay beach and rest until the storm. We discovered rainbow in front of us also, and it was closed to us. Due to low tide, we need to cut across the coral reef by using the wave.
After a few mins storm was over, we set off again. We was spoted a small slot beside the coral reef and our kayak managed to slot tru. We waited for everybody arrived by formed raft with powerboat. Then we paddled off, passed kallang river entrance, marina south and proceed towards sentosa.
We arrived sentosa at lunch time, we ate our lunch there. It high tide approching the land, so we decided not to beach up. After lunch we paddled across the sentosa big channel, passed by st john island, Great sister channel. We continue paddle towards Pulau sebakau and we arrived Hantu abt 4.30pm. On the way i shared with my partner all the bouys and beacons indication. She must be gain lots frm me, but i dont think she completely understand. =) Oh yeah we saw the hamburger hill too, but is a bit out of shape now.
When we arrived the island, I found that my waist strain after few mins rest. Headact also.
Abt 5.30pm our stuff arrived, We set the tentage and we guys go and bath. After bath I was discovered that our tent has set up. Thx wendy, michelle and gals.
I was trying to help some stuff, but too bad almost mass up the whole place. Let the whole grp delayed for dinner. Feel so sry.. =(
Maybe the gals not know me yet, smt i to egar to help. So it may coz ppl misunderstand abt me, can read tru they are action la. But i just kept quiet and walk off.
After dinner, we debrief and I went to jetty slept. Before tat i went back to tent to packed my stuff for next day, after that michelle followed me to jetty. But when we arrived the jetty, i chat with michelle for a while. Then we setter down, and we nver tok much le. I just looked at the singapore land, it just opp of hantu only. Suddenly so miss my little Apple. yap tru we sperated le, but once a while still miss her. Especially that moment even missed her. my tears drop a bit, thats why not there to face michelle. =P
After a while she sleep at the beach, I was slept on the floor. Abt 1.20am i woke up, michelle was looked at me, she asked me how long she slpt. I was like huh to her, just told her approximatly 45mins. Then i fall back on sleep again. Abt 4.30am i woke up she was disappear, she went back to tent slp le ba. I saw couples of participants slp at my side too. So i went back to sleep. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17 june -------
Woke up at 7.30am, i suppose to wake them up at 6.30am but i dint do it. because of overslpt. Was found up that i lost a toothbrush, so got no choice need to used hand to brush my teeth.
Abt 0930, after we packed our things and help them to load up the stuff up to logistic boat. We setting off. it was low tide, so need to carry the kayak move quite far. So I let my partner rest for a while and continue to carry the kayak to the water.
We raft up and set off to the bukum channel crossed towards mainland. On my way, I motivate my partner " Lets go this is our final one". She nver replied. Got la.. but just guessture "orr"!!
Before closing the channel, lots of good wave behind us. I tok my partner surfing to help us move forward with less effort of paddling.
While we cross the big channel, thats a MPA boat followed us all the way to ensure our kayaker safety along the way. Zhihao kpt inform us do nt throw our stuff on the sea. So funny evryone still throwing.
Everybody was tired and me too, trying my best to let my partner have more rest and push on.
I was burn out when we arrived Poly marina, and i still resting. After a while my partner ask me to roll, then i said ok lor. I tried to roll in double kayak, this time really burn liao. Capsize i roll 1/2 way ready cant recovered. So we got no choice got to eject out, lucky got jingsin he help us to rescue. Just nice emptied water for us and the drift push us near the jetty.
After we broght up the kayak and equipment, the lorry trainsport the kayak and the bus brought us back to changi ssc. I slpt all the way back and storn all the way after i woke up.
So i got no choice, after briefing and trainer briefing. Help up the office a while, then back home rite away. Also carry lots of heavy stuff back hm.
Abt my partner for this 2 days, I would say she is a strong paddler, hope to partner with her for the next expedition. She also a potential gal in kayaking also, i can feel her passion is quite strong.
It was a sucessful expedition, Thx songseng, zhihao and vincent and our new trainer commitee.