Lets forget the negatives.
Site
Best viewed in IE.
Image X
Brushes X | X
Hosted X | X | X
Designer X | X

Madame
Bernard Tan :)
Coz sign: Dancer!!
30 Nov

Loves: Kayaking,Coaching,Tea kwon do,Gundam
Dislikes: impatient pple,liars,not straight forward

Memoires

July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
December 2007
February 2008

Plugs
  • *rebecca*
  • *Pearle*
  • *Sihui*
  • *Jessica*
  • *Tristan Teo*
  • *Choo yan*
  • *Whitney mei*
  • *weiling*
  • *Audrina mei*
  • *Shuqi*
  • *Mei-Ting (SKY NPCC)*
  • *Ying-Shan(Sky Guides)*
  • *Yu_Ting(Sky Guides)*
  • *Charmaine(Sky Guides)*
  • *Lijia(Sky Guides)*
  • *gayatri (Sky Red Cross)*
  • *theresa*
  • *Hui-Lan*
  • *Yvoone NP friend*
  • *Veron MSN friend*
  • *Evania SAC*
  • *Nufila-mei*
  • *meiying-AJC*
  • *Liling-RP*
  • *Sam-Teakwondo friend*
  • *Eileen-Teakwondo friend*
  • *Weiwen-AI kayaking student*
  • *Feon-AI kayaking student*

    Talk


  • Sunday, August 01, 2004
    @12:32 AM

    Yesterday morn i was late, reached club at 0945, it was super late.

    I was taking course with Zhihao, Joshua, Chirs Koh, Alex was our coaching Attachment in the canberra sec sch NPCC with a few publics. Joshua was given the general briefing, I was given the Equipment and Safety briefing, joshua also given the carrying the kayak briefing.

    After our briefing we asked the student collected the paddle and vest, and then move to kayak to the beach. Once we reaches the beach we unloading the kayak and we proceed to swimming test, after the swimming test, we proceeding to demo embacking and disembacking, Capsize drill. I was demo chris was explaining. After we finish all the demo. We eas spliting into 3 grps, me, chris and alex. After our capsize drill done we ask our student took 1 paddle of each, and then move back to club put the paddle at the kayaking rack, then we proceedings to Lunch.

    after our lunch. We was ask our student proceeding to kayak rack and took they are own paddle and bring the kayak to the back of our river mouth. after we put all the kayak properly at the Long kan glass patch, we proceeding to griping the paddle and proper forward n reverse dry padding. I was spotted 3 of the student inside not only quite weak in griping of paddle as well as paddling, I was bring the 3 trainee to the water and let them paddle w/o kayak abt 10mins time 2 of them got the technics of paddling already. After a while, Chris was asking them to arrange the kayak to the beach and get ready to ambaking to forming raft, some of them still cant paddle well. So the raft was took abt 1 hrs to form thats bad, one of the student she kayak round and round the long kan was drifted to the bum boat area, lucky i was having towline I was faster activated my towline and tow her away frm the danger area.

    After everybody formed the raft, Chris was starts to refine them the directional control of the forward and reverse paddling in the kayak. and then let them try on. Finally most of them, can paddle except one of the trainee was a bit slow learner. After most of them can paddle he proceeding to sweep on the move and spots turn, and let them try on once every single stroke he has taugh. I was there to take charge of safety and refinement for those student who had problem in every stroke. Only one of the student was slow learner, I was tring my best to coach her every stroke that she suppose to know.

    After all the stroke they tried, is almost time already. We was asking them to rafting up and get ready to embaking to the long kan beach. Chris asking me go and asses the place and get ready to guide them ambaking. Wat i did was went up to club and seach for a place to put all the kayak properly, after that i gone back to assit the trainee to put up the kayak and paddle at the glass patch, then i asked them to bring the paddle back to club kayak rack 1st and brief them where to put the kayak. And then i asked them back to the glass patch empty water frm the kayak and carry back to club. After that I was debrief them and told them tmr reach club at 0930 the laterest. end of 1st day lesson.

    __________________________________________________________________________

    Heres is 1st day of Augs today is the final day of 1star, I was reached club 0945 again, I think is time to make my time management properly le.., in future i should come up at least 0745 frm my house. Today is only me, chris and Kelvin (Attachment) to coach the grps.

    When i reached there, I saw all the student was getting ready in the grp and I was faster rushing to change. Chris was organised them before I came. And I was collected the spray cover and Towline.

    He was bringing the class to collecting paddle and loading up all the kayak to the beach, when we reached the beach we unloaded all the kayaks on the beach front, after the that we brief them abt the beach front safety and wat we will be doing today.

    After out briefing, we proceeding to Deep Sea Entry, abt my grp was fast learner then i was taugh them all direction entry into the kayaks. After the deep sea entry we proceeding to Rafted X Rescues, we finished like before 1230. After that I was ask my grp to empty the water in the kayak and put back the shore in capsize position, then after I gather the trainee and asked them bring they are own paddle walked back to the club. When we reached the club I was ask them to put the paddle and hanging the vest to the kayak rack, Before they wash them self I was told them 1 hrs later we meet back @ the kayaking rack again,then i ask the trainee proceeding to washing bay and wash the sand away frm the bodies after that they go to lunch.

    After the lunch, the weather was started to change a little bit, I was discuss with chris decision. Finally our decision is go out and take a look 1st anmd if the weather change then we walk back to the club. Then i asked the all the trainee to take their are own paddle and proceeding to beach front in a single file. Once we reached the beach front, I and Chris was assesing the situation is friendly, then I was ask all the trainees to place the kayaks and get ready to launch. Before we launch I was brief them abt the safety zone to launch the kayak, and ask them forming raft with me outside the sea. Also chris was my last man, Kevin was my asst to helping them launch safely.

    I am the 1st one to lauch off, when i reached outside the sea the wind and the tidial stream and race was enough to drift us into Life guards house direction. Lucky My Bearing gauging was good, by then the trainee finished forming the raft, we still on the direction which we wanted to stay to.

    After everyone formed the raft and setter down, Chris was told me when 3 pm we meet at the shore. we was spilt them into grps of 6. My grps was 7 trainee, I was bring them back to the starting point that we was forming rafted. I was watching out the drift and continue to coaching them the rest of remaining stroke: J- stroke, Classic Draw, stern rudder as well as low recovery.

    After all my stroke is already almost 3 pm, I was bring them near to the shore asked them to did a spots turn until they kayak stern facing me, then i was asked them paddle a reversing stroke until near to the shore and did a reverse E halt to stop the kayaks, and then disambaked and put up the kayak. We was waited the kevin grps finished wat ever things he need to be coach and his grp come and joining us.

    After kevin grps joining us, we found that time still early. we let the trainee play the games we name it as Over and under. we was spliting them into 2 grps the losser grps will be emptied the remained water in the kayaks.

    After the games, Its my favours show time, I was show them all the intro of 2star and 3star skills. After all my skills intro, its comes to the end of 1star courses.

    I was asking them loading up all the kayaks and collecting they are own self paddle back to the club. When we reached the club, the 1st thing is i was asked them to unloaded the 6 kayak into the kayak stands 1st, After the that i was sharing them to washing the kayaks.

    After that I asked them to partner them self for carrying the kayak back to the kayak rack according to the numbers then we coaches washing the kayaks. Once there finished all the kayak puted back to rack, I was gathered them and asked them to going for 20mins bathing. And ask them to gathering at the OPEN Class Rm.

    Then Chris collecting the cert and we signed the cert, after all the student arrived the open class rm, I was giving a Debrief abt our club system, Demacted area, and get summary of wat they learn towards this 2 days, after the cert presentation and then I declare as the 1star course as be End.

    All the student was clear the 1star, except 1 of them got defered due to not enough water time, because the student morning nver follow the course.

    End of 1star with Caberra Sec Sch Npcc.

    Conclusion: This 1star class is much ez to coach, But still movement a little bit slow. Due to Sec 1 ba.

    Merci poure, le triste