Thursday, August 19, 2004
@3:33 PM
Ok i blog for 14 Augs of my coaching in 1star kayaking course, in the 14 augs morn i reached the 0920am, after i changed to wet atire I collected name list for them to fill the name and NRIC num, also prepared my kayak equipment for the day of the classes. This class was my 1sr along 1star classes.
Before i started the class, i was asked them to fill the list, the name list was me and Laimun one, my is on 14 n 15 Augs, and laimum is 14 n 21Augs , so i was ask them fill he name list spreadly.
My class was a mixed class, another 1star was coached by my senior coach Laimun was a sec sch student class .We was conducted the briefing together. I was conducted the whole General Briefing : Greeting the participants, Condition check, Orientation of club, Requirement of 1star, also cover shoes and spectical bend.
Equipment briefing: Terms of kayak, paddle and bouyancy vest (PFD) and how to check the size of suitable bouyancy vest, Also the handling and care of equipment, Methods of Carrying the kayaks( hip and shoulder method).
After all the briefing, the student collect the PFD and the paddle frm the store. After all the student got ready, we was proceed to kayak rack area.
Once reached the kayak rack area, I was gather everyone in front of kayak trory and brief them how to loaded the kayak safely and how to pushed the trory safely.
After the student loaded up the kayak, we was asking then go for a drinks before we push the trory outside the sea side. when all the student back frm drinking and toliet, we grp them up for the pushing of trory and some of them carried the paddle to the sea front.
Once we reached the sea front and after unloaded the kayak safely, we grp them up 2 grps we did the boyancy test. After the bouyancy test we gather them at the shore and did the swimming test, Laimun was managing them and i was took the kayak and went out to the sea as the safety marker.
After all the student completed the swim, We gather them back to the shore, We show them the technic of ambaking and disambaking also capsize drills and emptying of water frm the kayak. Laimun was explaining and i was did the demo.
After the demo, our participants back to our own grps. My grps is a mixed adults grps, got poly student and also have one Teacher frm V.S. , the whole grps was address her as AH Cher...
On the 1st day course, she was very quiet. haha but i keep asking her question just to make her tok more.
We did all the ambaking and disambaking also capsize drills, I was grp them 2 kayak go as one time, all of them was did it quite fast and almost reached the standard that i want. After the everyone done the capsize drill, we emptied and placed back our kayak at the shore in capsize position and away frm the high water mark, then we took our own paddle back and put the PFD together on the specific kayak rack in the club. After that I was asking them to wash the sand frm the body and then we go for lunch. Also told them where is the lunch area and wat time we meet back at the club.
After our lunch, we gather back the club together and wear the PFD and took our own paddle back to the sea side. when we reached the sea side, the 1st thing i taugh them how to hold and grip the paddle, and also the forward and reverse paddling in dry. After that i was let them try out in the water before their launch he kayak.
Everyone was learned quite fast, I gethered all of them in front of the kayak and asked them put all the paddle together 1 side on the sand. I was briefed them the area and the sign of paddle like rafting up sign. After the briefing I was taugh them the fleet management, I give them the instruction of 3 kayak come up grp by grp. Purpose of this is to in case of event of capsize near the shore the participants can ez to help one another.
But they did not did so well, although they did not capsize and able to rafting up fast. but they did not follow the instruction well. I guess they did not knew wat i trying to refer too. So i just keep this a side and share with them again later.
After all of them rafted up properly and setter down, I share with them FORWARD AND REVERSE STROKE, FORWARD E Halt and Reverse E Halt. Spots Turn 360 degree turn. All of them understanding wat i coach them, but still need to refine.
After all the stroke that I taugh them, I gathered them back to shore and bring the kayak up to the shore and the last 3 kayak remain at the sea. I was demo and explain the rafted X rescues. After that i was let them try out the deep sea entry 3 kayak at a time. After that i was organised them to grp by grp try it out the Rafted X rescues and correct them on they are mixtake on the spots. Most of them did it quite fast, I think is due to adults grp ba.
After the rescues was all most time, I was asked them to load up the kayak and ask them to grp up them self for push the kayak trory and the lady collected the paddle back to club. When they reached the club, i was lead them the place avaliable to unloaded all the kayak on the flood nicely and properly, after that i was ask 2 of them push the trory out for laimun.
When the 2 participants back, I was asked the participants collect own paddle to the blue taup brief them and ask them to soap the paddle and PFD them self , after that bring the paddle and PFD them self back to the wet store put it nicely.
After everyone completed the task, i was ask them wash the body away frm the sand, and go to bath, i was ask them to bath as fast as they can. and then gather at the same place open class rm.
When they bath I also followed them to bath, after my bath i was collected the attandance and the hand book for them.
When they all of them gathered, I was brief them the 1star hand book and ask them to check they are name and NRIC num and sign the hand book and the date collum. After that I brief them tmr events and end of 1st day of 1star course.