Ok here comes on final days of Rp 1star on 25 June 2004.
On the morning 0930 am reached Changi Sea Sports Clubs, then I go and changed in the trainer den, and get ready for the final day of 1star course. Not a while.. all RP student Reached the club le, haiz I was missed my breakfast.
Their was at the toilet benches and got ready for the lesson to be started, I walk to one of them asked them to waited at the open class room. I was collected the attendance at the office and then search Laimum proceeding to the open class room and meet the RP ppl.
When I and Laimum reached the open class room, I was passed the attendance for the Rp Student for signing present. After everyone signed, I asked them for the body condition and routine check as well. After our routine check I was briefing them the requirement of the 1 star again and reminded them wat their learned yesterday, I was realise that Laimum haven share the rafted X rescues with them. I talking to my self, ok fine lol.
Once completed our routine task, we were go to the wet store and collecting our buoyancy vest and paddles and we pushed the kayak out to the shore and lay it properly.
After we done our kayak and paddle placing at the beach, we started our warm up section, the warming up section was took us half an hours and the student and me getting sweat also, I guess to them its a great warm up lor.
After the warm up section, we proceed back to individual coach again, LOL the great day as begin.. I was gather everybody 1st and brief them about Sea Safety, and ask them to beware and escape on 3 danger things, Bumboat, human head, fishing line.
After the sea safety briefing, My senior coach bring them out to sea rite away, for my grps I was teach them the J Stroke and Classic draw, these 2 types draw every beginner cant control the stroke well. But to me its no problem. I was using my Ideas to share with them, finally everybody able to got it, follow by Stern Rudder and Low Recovery building block at the shore w/o kayak.
Especially the Low Recovery building block, the BabyRoy his way of doing, it was most funny look one, when he did the Low Recovery he like after using his paddle back face tapping the water his arm and elbow was very good posture 90 degree angl. After he finished his tapping, he was bring his both upper arm griping his bodies. Then after a while I was corrected his posture, he was still in the same funny pattern. I guess he did not realise his mistake then I asked everyone looked at his funny posture. And the whole groups were keeping laughing at his posture.
After the building block, we was try on the kayak on the sea and after the few stroke of practiced and refinement. Due to the drift very fast, I was keeping bring them paddled back into our demarcated area. While their moving, I was purposely do a fast forward stroke. Some of them can see that is getting tired and yet still trying to paddle, James, sslim and babyroy, although their can paddling fast, but their still motivating those beside people keep moving.
After we reached the demarcated area, I was let them to took a rest, after the rest overed, I was started to ask everyone partnering in 3 kayaks and starts to did the Rafted X Rescues and of course I briefing them the safety also. On the process of doing, I was surprised that Michelle groups were the 1st one to complete within 5 mins thats fast!! Wahahaha but their er still far away from my personal rescuing timing 2mins 30sec. After the Michelle groups completed their rescues, I was just asked them to gather around with those people as not finished. I was found out that the Yew Lee he quite loss what he suppose to do. He was with Jamie, Sslim. Hahaha sslim was lost temple for a while, just because of Yew Lee not intended to try on the Rescues. Wahahaha, I was enjoying sslim motivating the Yew Lee.., but Yew Lee finally try it up, finally sslim groups did it. Actually when the 1st day in the afternoon I was intented to defered the Yew Lee 1star cert already. I was already found that he is quite a lost what he suppose to do, its a very dangerous to him, when he kayak w/o any coach around him. But I was think it back, this is just a beginner course I should give him encouragement for his interest in kayaking. Just to wishing him good luck in his 2star.
After everyone finished the rescues, I was showing them the TX- Rescues with Asst, which is a single man rescuing method, I chosen 1 of the student to be a capsize person. After she capsizing I was attending the rescues, the rescuing was successfully done. But when my student doing her deep sea entry she was cant recovering her self back to the kayak, I was let her try few times, but she still couldnt going to the kayaks. I was knew that she was started to make her self tired, so I faster activated my towline to hook on her recovered slalom and I asked her just hold on to my kayak stern. And then I towed her kayak and bring her back to the nearest shore and the rest followed me back to the shore also. When she reaching the shore I was asking her walking back to the shore 1st, then I unhook her slalom and securing the paddle and let her am-baking the kayak safely. While waiting for her am-baking, I was ask one of them went to the nearest and safe area to raft up and waiting for the student approaching to us.
After the student approaching us, we paddled back to demarcated area and we rested for a while. After they rested I was asking them to do a final capsize drill. All of them capsize together and then towed their own kayak back to the shore, when they reached the shore, sslim, james and seroy was automatically emptied the water for the girls. I knew that all of them is quite tired already, thats why I did not stop seroy that all to help them clearing the water. But at least I am happy that all of them at least put the paddle together properly at one coner.
After we setter all the kayaks, we gather together back to club with bringing the paddle back to club. And then we go for lunch.
After our Lunch, finally we 3 coaches groups together as one group, once we were gathered everyone at club and brief about the expedition formation and safety to take note. After the briefing we move to the shore, and we preparing our kayaks to launch off forming a raft and waiting for everyone approaching us, then we starts to set off. And I was the expedition leader.
When going to set off, I was trying my best to noted everyone that we are setting off, once all ready I was paddle about 2 knots speed, surprisingly everyone can follow. But I was happy that even their senior also joins in the mini expedition. When we crossing the bumboat channel, we had to waited for the bumboat to passed by then we can cross. But another Critical situation was happened, while we were waiting for the bumboat passed by, one of they re seniors 2star holders was ful around the channel there, the stupid hero was very dangerous. I was shouted at him, but he simply doesnt bother. These seniors simply never used his comment sense and think for the junior 1 star holders. The junior most of them are just a beginner and they need times to move a crossed the channel. After the channel was cleared, we were started to moving on, while we moving I was a bit worried about the back 1star kayaker capsizing, due to the channel current and waves was very strong for some of them. At that time another batches of bumboat was coming in also, Lucky that the last kayaker just nice crossing before the bumboat came into her.
When we reached the Changi Sealing Clubs Beach, I was started to choosing the safe location to forming a raft and the raft was formed, I was wait until everybody reached the raft then I started to dispatching them to the shore.
After all disambaking, everyone setter all the kayak and equipment to the shore properly, everyone started to waiting for my next instruction, and that time I was searched they er seniors, wanted to talk to him about the channel cases its very dangerous. but I guess they er very smart, when we reached the shore their faster paddled away. I guess they must be sensed something wrong with them. I was toking to myself ok lets put that a side 1st. lesson still on.
I was let everybody have a break 1st, until my anger was gone. After I relaxed myself already. I was gathered everyone back again, then I showed them 2 and 3 star all syllabus at once and I also can throw my anger in the stroke, din noe that impressed all of the RP student. hahahaha. But my seniors their knew I was angry badly.
After my demo, was mostly reached time already, I was let them take a rest for another 15mins, and I was stayed with my groups peoples, ahahaha I was keep quiet and look at them enjoy them self. Until my best student seroy said about me, why so anti social? Then I said ok if u all want u all can try to hold the side of my kayak, then everyone was all coming over to holding my kayaks. Thats what make my senior Laimum given me a nick name as baffer-fish. because I am just like one of this fish protecting her own babes.
After that when the times up, we started kayaked back to Changi Sea Sports Club, and then I gathered them and waited for everyone approaching, then we keep all the equipment back to club and washed.
After everything we proceed to bath, after my quick showers I was quickly collecting the cert and signing for them. After certificate presentation and debrief. The course come towards THE END.
Congratulation to all of them, All are the 1star holder now.
CONCLUSION: On the final day, I decided to keep contact with this groups of 1star ppl. For so long never see such of groups, I predicting these interest group may be a good Skill Kayaker or maybe our future coach. Let wait n see.